Saturday, November 3, 2018

Starting the day off right!

This morning I woke up exhausted! I gave Reese a ride to class (got me out of bed which was good!) and then realized I had the whole morning ahead of me. With really nothing (besides homework...) pressing to be done.

Okay.. well, I knew that I needed to work out, I just couldn't get myself to do it! I have gotten so lazy this past month or so, mostly just putting it off and saying that surely just riding my bike to school a few times a week is good enough. While it is good, I feel my energy levels tanking... and know how important working out is!

I decided the least I could do was an at-home-workout.
My go to is Popsugar Fitness, so I pulled it up and picked a 30 min workout. (it was a tough one, but definitely fun and unique if you want to give it a shot!)

Now that my muscles were warm, I was actually excited to do my daily stretches! (like I mentioned in this post as part of Blogilates #stretchrevolution)

I CANNOT RECOMMEND IT ENOUGH! 

I missed the first couple days, and since it was a nice Saturday morning, I decided to play catchup! I started off with Day 1 & Day 2, but was loving so much I ended up doing Day 3 (today) as well! (rather than putting it off until tonight before bed)
(click here for Cassey's high-res version)
I know a lot of these poses look difficult, but if you watch her insta videos she will lead you through a series of stretches leading up the final stretch to really open up and stretch your muscles. I found this super helpful!! Especially because I am less flexible than ever!

Week 1 is legs, and my legs and hips have been so tight lately, which I realized is probably what was making my lower back sore as well... stretching this morning definitely helped me open up my hips, and my legs and back feel great now!

So there's my pitch. Seriously, I am so excited about this, and can only imagine how great I will feel by the end of the 28 days! Are you in? 


(check out her website here for more details!)

1 comment:

  1. Working out and streching has to be one of the best ways to start your day! I have definetly been a tad lazy with working myself. (Which is totally fine, in my opinion.) Working out will always be there. That being said adding streches to my everday routine sounds like the perfect way to get back into my workout routine! Thanks for the post, I love it!!

    ReplyDelete